Thursday, July 17, 2008

Winding Down

Last night ended on a happy note. The kids and I took an excursion to see a friend play softball. It was near the playground so the kids got to play a little. My daughter, who is head-strong and moody (just like mama), was having a fit because I banned her from the swings when she refused to hold on with both hands. As an aside... She is only 1 1/2! Yet she refuses to ride in baby swings because she wants to do everything that her big brother does. I thought all hope was lost. We were getting the looks from strangers. But she came through and we all winded down with ice cream at a farm in a neighboring town. They have goats to feed and cows to watch and (as far as I am concerned) the best ice cream around. My husband met us there and took the kids to see the goats (see pic). And the stresses of the day and the trauma of the mean mother taking her child's swing away melted away! And as we were leaving we were able to enjoy the beautiful (almost full) moon. They call it "Luna" (thanks to Bear in the Big Blue House for that one).

No comments: