Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fairy God Mothers

My children are blessed. Not unlike Cinderella, they have Fairy God Mothers. They are two of my dearest friends. We work together. It is not unusual for me to go to my mailbox at work and find a book that one of them found and thought my kids would enjoy, or a t-shirt that they felt my kids needed to have, or a puzzle that they knew my son would be able to figure out. They take care of me, too. I often find coupons or articles of interest or magazines tucked away in there. When I was scrambling to find someone to watch my kids so I could take a weekly class, they volunteered! When my husband and I want a date night, they will often babysit. They are also the ones who I go to the movies with and hang out with when I need grown-up time. When we are together we laugh until our cheeks ache. They tell stories about my children to people and brag about their accomplishments. They play with my kids and enjoy their company. I once came home to find them all dressed up in my son's dress-up hats singing songs and dancing around with him. Best of all, they love my children unconditionally and they never fail to show it! How I got so lucky as to happen upon these two wonderful friends, I shall never know. But when I count my blessings, they are at the top of the list!

1 comment:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It is so cool to finally see a blog with places I am familiar with. And I recognize one of the fairy godmothers (on the rigth) though I don't think she knows me. I know of her too and I know many parents who loved her as their kids teacher.