Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jon and Kate, How do you do it?

Well here we are...hump day. And I am taking care of my two kids and my hunting partner's three kids. I have decided that an appropriate name for this is Camp Godma (my god-daughter calls me Godma). My charges are 2 five-year old boys, 1 three-year-old (my god-daughter) and two one-and-a-half-year olds. I am a big fan of the show Jon and Kate plus 8 but honestly, I don't know how they do it with 8 kids. I can do it with 5 but I have to get super organized and prep for the day. And I have the luxury of knowing that 3/5 of these kids leave at the end of the day. Our kids have spent a lot of time together and get along like siblings. They fight, compete, refuse to share, and tattle one minute. In the next minute they've got each other's backs, are inventing new games together, are singing songs at the tops of their little lungs, and are cheering each other on. It makes me dizzy when I try to keep up, so I accept that I am outnumbered and roll with it. I have watched this brood several times and I actually love having them for the day. They are great kids and fit into our life like they were born into it. Maybe because they kind of were!

Here are some shots from Camp Godma!
Our kids took a last minute dip in the pool as my hunting partner and I watched in awe! Who knew you could have so much fun with 3 inches of water.

Hanging out in the dugout at a nearby softball field. We took a long walk and needed a rest!

On the first day of Camp Godma, we took a walk to "the snack store" (AKA Brattle Stop Market). Of course we couldn't leave without taking a look at the tracks to see if trains were coming.

It is hard to keep up with the big kids when you are not yet 2! My daughter and her little buddy decided to have a quiet snack and let the big kids have the run of the yard.

No comments: