Saturday, July 26, 2008

Vacationing with the Fairy Godmothers!


This past week we had the chance to spend some time in York, Maine with our Fairy Godmothers. One of my friends had rented a place with her step-children and her own mother so on Wednesday the other FGM and I headed north with my family. What a great time! We got to see how her stepkids have grown into amazing young adults, spend time with great friends, and have a bunch of little adventures in the meantime. And nobody even complained about having to play a billion games of Go Fish with my boy!
The Fairy Godmothers hang out on the beach (see a previous entry for background).

My husband and our daughter jumping the waves. She is a fearless child who kept wanting to go deeper into the ocean while her older brother found it more his speed to run from the waves.

We braved the beach even though it was overcast and windy. The kids were infatuated with the run-off pipe that created a little river going to the ocean. We parked our chairs next to it and let them have a ball.

Of course anyone who knows my son knows that he is obsessed with all things train-like. So we couldn't leave without riding the trolley. We rode "Maddie" into town and "Bessie" back to the Trolley stop.

I would say my daughter is posing and channeling the spirit of the late Marilyn Monroe, but since she is only 22 months old, I'm pretty sure she is just acting goofy because she knows mom is taking her picture!


My son riding the trolley. He was so excited he kept laughing and clapping his hands. The experience was only made better by the fact that for the first half-hour we had the whole trolley to ourselves.

The kids and I at the beach at high tide. We passed the time throwing rocks into the waves because there was no beach to play on until the tide went out. Then my son had an unfortunate incident with dog-poop (that somebody rudely left right at the bottom of the stairs) and the happy moment was lost!

We went back to the beach after supper and spent some time running from the waves. We had a blast and my son keeps asking when we can all go away together again.

No comments: