Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Visit from the Past

On Monday, July 14th, I had 4 of my friends from undergrad over to my house. They came from near and far (New Orleans) and hung out for a while. Out of the 6 friends that stayed in touch, 5 of us were able to be there. One of our friends is a single mom in Florida and doesn't get to visit often :( ! It was great. I am blessed with the cream of the crop for friends. I think the mark of a true friend is when you haven't seen each other in a while, but are able to pick up as if you hang out every day. My college friends fit this description. We caught up on each other's lives while our kids (ten in all) played together. The oldest of our kids is almost 8 and the youngest is my daughter at 1 1/2. They got along beautifully and we moms were even able to visit for a long time with very few interuptions. Because there were so many kids, there seemed to be a buddy for everyone. While we typically only get to do this once a year, it is always a blast! Till next year, Wheelock girls!

The Wheelock offspring hang out in the back yard. We had to have cat-like reflexes to get this shot!

No comments: