Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rain Rain GO AWAY!!!!

I am so done with the rain! I hate it. There is a steady leak running into my basement. The kids are stuck inside. The construction has come to a screeching halt. And the holiday weekend is approaching with very little in the way of improvement. My flowers are soggy and rotting. My kids are getting on each other's nerves (and mine!).

The week started out fine. It was the day that my son has been waiting for since last summer. We were going to see Thomas the Tank Engine at Edaville Railroad. We were going with two of my closest friends and their kids. After some botched communication about when we were leaving, our three families arrived. There were six kids in all. The three boys ranged in age from 6-8 years old. The girls were all between 2 and 3 years old. Travis woke up sniffly but our allergies had been acting up with all of the damp weather. I gave him his allergy meds and we set off.

By the end of the day he was running a temp and feeling lousy. He was laying across two chairs and shivering at the pizza place where we were having dinner. Poor boy. He was a mess. I don't think he even enjoyed Thomas as much as he thought he would because he felt so lousy.

Here we all are in front of Thomas. From top to bottom: Michele and Kacey, Andrew, Aidan, Travis, and me, Leslie, Delaney, and Chelsea.

Here is the group on the fire truck. It is very hard to get six kids to look and pose at the same time.
Aidan and Chelsea going on the Jolly Caterpillar ride.
The girls pose in front of one of the animal statues.
Travis, Chelsea, and I sit on the fire truck.
Chelsea sat with Michele when they went on Thomas. The other kids sat in the caboose with Leslie. I opted out because I thought I was going to get sick. The damn Tilt-a-Whirl did me in!
This little tiny train is still one of Travis's favorites. He loves trains... big and small.
This ride was my undoing. It used to be one of my favorites but I thought I was going to chuck for the rest of the day after I went on it. Travis and Andrew had a blast though.
The boys were a little obsessed with these carts. You work your way around the track by operating the pedals with your hands. Here is Travis giving Andrew a little help.
Aidan and Delaney give the hand carts a try while Travis takes a look around.
Kacey peeks out her window on the rocket ship ride.


Travis poses as a Conductor on the Edaville Railroad.


Now Chelsea has the fever and cough. We are homebound once more and have been since Monday night. July better pick up soon or I am going to be one unhappy vacationer!

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

UGH - it must be so discouraging to have construction stopped! Those kinds of delays you don't need.

I hope Chelsea is feeling better soon. So far not a great start to summer huh?

Shhhhhhhhh - just now, the sun peeked out. I am afraid to even mention it or it will go away. Then again DH has a golf game later so I am sure it will stay out. The ONLY time we have had sun so far is when he has a golf outing. Hummm... wonder what is up there??

Have a nice 4th and a great weekend!

hugs, Linda

Jenn Ed (Saucier) said...

Amy, Your family is beautiful...and your home sounds wonderful...I want to come over, curl up on your 3 season porch...I love and miss you so much. I think of you all the time.

BTW...congrats to John on finishing school...no easy task while juggling work and family too...very impressive!