Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Busy Weekend

A BEACH OUTING
We went to visit Grandma BJ and Malcolm at Cape Cod. The weather has been so lousy that we hadn't gotten to the beach yet this summer. The first day was kind of a washout. It was cloudy and windy and we all go sand blasted. The second morning was much better. Sunny and breezy and perfect. Too bad we had to leave at noon so John could get to work.
Feeling the water for the first time. EEEEKKKK. A little chilly!




The house belonged to Grandma BJ's sister-in-law's parents. When we opened the closed door there were two train sets inside. That made a certain little boy very happy.

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME
On Friday night the kids and I joined our neighbors for the Tornadoes game. It started to rain in the sixth inning but I couldn't convince the kids to leave. They were waiting for the fireworks at the end.








Chelsea was very excited to see all of the colors. Travis liked the golden ones best.


THE FLANAGAN COOKOUT
My friend Michele and her family hosted a great summer cookout. It was a belated birthday party for her daughter Kacey. There was tons for the kids to do and it gave the adults a chance to catch up.
They rented a bounce house that could be hooked up to a hose. The kids flew down the waterslide.


John took the kids swimming in the pool.

Dainty Delaney lifts up her dress while walking down the steps.

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
The new part is almost all sided. The edges needed to be finished and the screen door needs to be fitted. The electrical has been added. They still need to cut through to the house. That should be messy!

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Lots and lots of summer fun! I never knew there were fireworks after the Tornado games - way kewl!!

Ah summer on the Cape... I remember it well. The kids and I would go to my folks house whenever daddy went on a business trip and sometimes even when he didn't! I didn't appreciate back then how easy they made it for us to vacation at the Cape when the moved there. Now that they live in Holden, I haven't been back in years!

The addition is coming along nicely and yes, it will be messy. When we lived in WB, we knocked a wall down and even thought I taped plastic over dorrways and sealed it with tape, months later I would open something and find a film of plaster dust. It is insidious, but, worth the results!! I hope the worst is over before school starts!

Have a great week!

hugs, Linda

Leslie said...

I wondered how things were going...but of course I haven't checked your blog lately so it's my fault...lol The addition looks great and I'm sure you can't wait for it to be finished. Now on to the fun part...huh? I'm sure it will be messy...

Leslie