Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lots of Updates

A BREAK IN THE RAIN
The rain has finally stopped for a while. It has been off and on (mostly on) since supper vacation started. But there were several sunny moments this week. We spent last Sunday at my Aunt Michelle's house swimming in the pool. The kids loved it and had a great time. Travis has a hard time staying above water. One of the Fairy Godmothers (Lisa) has given him a few one-on-one swimming lessons. He is already doing better.

Uncle Greg was home for a few days. He played in the pool with the kids. By the time I got home I was sick sick sick. I had caught what the kids had and a cold on top of that. John spent Monday at home with the kids and I spent Monday in bed! I was feeling much better by Tuesday.
BACK TO FENWAY PARK!
Uncle Greg, John, Travis, and William went to the Red Sox game on Monday night. They rode the T into the city and watched the game. They had guy time! I think Travis was much more into the experience this time because William was there. They ate a lot of junk and watched the Red Sox lose!

Here are William and Travis outside of Fenway Park.
The boys at the game.
Here is Uncle Greg with Travis and William posing in front of the T.
THE DRYSINK PROJECT
I bought this drysink table a few months back at the Salvation Army. It was only $20. It was covered in this really heavy coat of polyurethane. There were drip marks all down the front of it and this yellow flaky mess was starting to form where it started to come off. I knew I wanted to do something with it but I was unsure as to what.
After sanding it down and roughing it up I painted it black. The kids wanted to help. They each took turns with the roller and the brush. Travis lost interest, but Chelsea was still going strong. I had to pry the brush out of her grubby little paws so I could finish it up. She was less than pleased with mommy for putting a stop to the fun.
I ended up painting it black and sanding various spots so the wood would show through. I think I was a little overzealous with the sander so I went over the sanded spots with Old English touch up. Overall I am happy with the result. We will see if I am still satisfied when it gets into its permanent post-construction home.
A SALUTE TO DISNEY
We went to the Disney concert in the park last night. Same old scene every year. The kids love it. They listen to the music and run around with their friends. Our neighbors had a cookout before hand. I walk into the yard and who is there to greet me??? One of my former first-graders and her twin sister. It turns out that our neighbor is a mutual friend.
This is me posing with my little buddy.
Chelsea spent a great deal of time chasing after her brother. She finally caught him.
It was very chilly last night. I am so sick of the weather up here. We were in sweatshirts and still a little chilly. Travis solved this problem by pulling his legs up under his sweatshirt. Then he rolled around like a tumbleweed.
Chelsea tackled her dad.
Travis took a picture of Chelsea and I when we went down to do the Chicken Dance.
Mickey Mouse paid the audience a visit to lead the Mouseketeer parade.
Chelsea and mom dance.
The band.
Here are the kids eating their snacks on the blanket. Travis was especially proud toshow off the Cheetos in his mouth.
Chelsea stops to catch her breath.
Here is Chelsea on the run once more. She would only stop long enough to dance to the music or eat. Other than that it was on the move for our girl.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
The roof is finished and they have started to side the new part of the building. The windows are in. The doghouse dormer with the double window is the view of the new master bedroom. I am not sure how much longer they have to work on this place. I hope it will be done and overwith soon. Then our part starts. We will become full blown weekend warriors. Hopefully I will post more because the work will pogress at a faster rate. I guess time will tell.

I have been doing this blog for a full year now. I looked at my first post the other day. It was last July 10th. Time flies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Blog-o-versary!! Looks like you guys have been keeping busy this summer, and having tons of fun. The addition looks fantastic. And that dry sink is fab! You did a great job with it--it's a beautiful piece, and only $20???!! That photo of Chelsea with her hands on her chin is precious--definitely one to enlarge.
Hugs,
Michelle

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Happy 1 year!!

Thank goodness for some sunny days huh? The kids sure did enjoy themsleves the past several days!!I am loving the cooler temps though I do feel bad for pool owners. The addition looks great - I love the dormer.

Awesome dry sink re-do. Now to see it in place!

Have a great week!! hugs, Linda