Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Bird in the Hand....

I am taking care of my neighbors' children today. Ty and Alli are 5 and 7 years old. We spend a lot of time together so they will often bicker with my kids like they are all siblings. We just played around the house this morning. Ty, Alli, and Chelsea helped me make Monkey Bread for breakfast.


They played inside for a while and outside until Travis got stung by a yellow-jacket (again). Star pizza for lunch and then a field trip to the Christmas Tree Shop. Life was good for all.

The new opening into the master bedroom: Everyone was happy as we pulled up to the house. We planned on working on some art projects we had purchased at the Tree!

Then we opened the front door. The carpenters had cut the doorway into the master bedroom at the top of the stairs a few days ago. As I opened the door the chatting started:
Travis: Mom, a bird just flew around in the new room.
Mom: Travis you are full of baloney.
Travis: I'm serious. I just saw it fly by.
Mom: Stop kidding around.
Alli: Oh, I just saw it too. There really is a bird up there!
Chelsea: I'll call it! Tweet-tweet!

Sure enough Travis, Chelsea and I went upstairs and there was a tiny bird flying around in the rafters. Chelsea continues to say "Tweet-tweet" and try to converse with the bird. Travis was boasting and saying "Told you so". Alli and Tyler stayed at the bottom of the stairs and hugged each other. Finally I convinced them to come see the bird. We all thought it was cute. We opened all the windows it finally flew out. Bye-Bye, Birdie!

The kids settled down to do some projects. We painted little treasure boxes and filled Mason Jars with shells and sea glass. We called it our "Beach in a Bottle". Here are the kids with their projects:

1 comment:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I was wondering if the story was going to to turn into a tame version of The Birds! hehehe

Your trip to Boston looks like a lot of fun. Everyone has to see Make Way for Ducklings and ride the boats at least once. Riding the T and Fanuel Hall too!

Now you can find even more ways to entertain the kids in yet another rainy day!! I keep thinking of mom's like you - if it is getting old for me, I can only imagine with kiddo's!!

Have a great weekend. I am starting mine with Liliana in my arms. :-)

Hugs, Linda