Monday, July 27, 2009

****The Barnstable Fair****

Well the kids and I got the opportunity to head back down to Cape Cod this weekend. Aunt Andrea and Uncle Tony wanted us to visit so they could take the kids to the Barnstable Fair. Travis and I had gone with them when he was two-and-a-half. Chelsea had never been. Needless to say we had a blast.

We left Saturday morning. After sitting in traffic for a while and listening to my kids argue, we made it to my aunt and uncle's cottage.

We had a quick lunch and headed down to the pond. Travis kept saying, "You are the luckiest people I know. You have a pond in your back yard!" They swam like fish. It was especially hard to convince Chelsea that it was time to get out. Her lips were purple and shivering. Travis would take little breaks and play with his trucks on the shore.






Then we got dried off and went to the Fair. I have learned that taking the wagon is always a good idea. It is the only way to travel around a huge area without having to carry one (or both) of my kids. Here they are in their luxury ride:

Travis and Chelsea are at two different stages in their development and found different things that they loved about the fair. Chelsea loved the animals best.






Travis loved the rides (Actually this may have just been a ploy to drive me crazy because, God forbid, they agree on anything this summer!). For Travis, the crazier the ride, the better!

This is a blow up version of the sinking Titanic. The kids climb up the middle and slide down. In poor taste? YES! But my son loved it anyway. That little dot at the top is his head.




Not to be outdone, Chelsea tried to keep up with her older brother. Uncle Tony took his little gal-pal Chelsea on the ferris wheel. She got to the top and didn't even flinch. We have another thrill-seeker on our hands!





Chelsea is showing us what that last ride was like!
Mama liked the food best! Yummmmmmmmm!


We had a campfire when we got back to the house. Then we finally coaxed the kids into going to sleep. We needed to be up and out early on Sunday. It was going to be another busy day for us at home. Before we left I snapped a picture of the kids with Aunt Andrea and Uncle Tony.



It was such a great time. I don't know who had more fun... the kids or Aunt Andrea and Uncle Tony. They have no kids of their own, so I think this gave them a taste of what it is like to be grandparents. Each time the kids did something new or special, they got so excited. It made me realize that I am so lucky that I get to see the world through the eyes of kids every day (at work and at home). It is definitely a different perspective.

Thank you Aunt Andrea and Uncle Tony! We had a great time! We love you very much!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Looks like a great time :)

Yes, it is nice to get out and be around others that aren't around kids or even OUR kids all of the time. It's great to see and hear their views on your kids. It makes me realize how great my kids are, something I sometimes take advantage of because we're always together...

Have a great day :)

Leslie