Sunday, June 28, 2009

Coming Along Nicely

I finished school last Monday. Travis got out on Tuesday. And it has done nothing but rain ever since! The men working on our house have still been here every day trying to work between the raindrops. We are still seeing progress, which makes me happy!

Chelsea and I spent the day together on Tuesday...Just the girls. Travis was still in school so she and I got to hang out a lot. Very rarely do I get just time with her. I try to grab the opportunities when they arise. On Tuesday it poured. I decided to try a recipe I had found for Monkey Bread. Chelsea could actually help me make this. Usually she can't help with baking because she can't handle raw eggs. This didn't have any in it so it was perfect for her. She had a great time.
Chelsea poses for a picture.
Chelsea shakes the bread dough in a cinnamon-sugar mixture. This is her favorite part.
Chelsea shows Mom the final product before we put it into the oven to bake.


The entire addition (upstairs and downstairs) has been framed. The roofers will be there sometime next week. The siding will also go up soon. The windows are on order and we have made some decisions about the doors we will have. It is moving along. John and I have had a lot of fun talking about how we plan to decorate our new bedroom. We took sidewalk chalk and marked out where we would like things to go (the floors aren't done yet).
Here is the doghouse dormer we will have in our bedroom. It should let in a ton of light.
Here is my beanpole of a son posing inside the window. Can you count his ribs????

1 comment:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Woohoo! It is coming along nicely! I love the dormer!! I hope it dries out so they can get it done in record time!

hugs, Linda