Sunday, June 14, 2009

Home Coming and the Season's End

The Week in Construction
Building keeps going. It seems like each day when I arrived home something was different. Here is a rundown of last week...
Monday... They put the decking down for the new mudroom floor.
Tuesday... They ripped the ceiling off the kitchen. It was tarped over at night.
Wednesday... The new mudroom was framed.
Thursday... They put the base walls to the mudroom in. On Friday we woke up to a leaky ceiling in the kitchen. There was one little spot that the tarp wasn't secure on and it let in lots of water. The builders were great... They came over and fixed as much as they could. I am happy as long as I keep seeing progress.
Friday
On Friday morning my friend Leslie called. She and her kids are home from Abu Dhabi. They have been gone since November. I tried to return her call throughout my day at work but we never got in touch. I thought maybe she would just pass out from Jet Lag. Then around 4:00 she pulled into my driveway with her mom! I was so happy to see her. Later our other friend showed up and we all hung around for a while. They will be here for two months. My kids were so thrilled to see their little friends again. I think Travis thought that Aidan had forgotten him while he was in UAE.


Here are our daughters trying to pose for a picture.
Take 2
Here are our six kids. We each had a son first and followed it up with a daughter!
Here is my friend Michele's daughter serading us. She was singing the Black-Eyed Peas song that is out now. Chelsea is just along for the ride on this one.


Saturday
On Saturday Trav had his last baseball game. He had quite a cheering section. He had our little family, Mimi, Grandma BJ and Malcolm, Bumpa, Auntie Michelle, Katie, William, Ethan, and Nick. They played on the big field and got announced each time they were up at bat. It was so cute.
Here is the team watching the other team get called to the field. They stood for the Star Spangled Banner.
Travis up at bat. He got out but I was told he got an RBI (I think it has something to do with ice cream! Just kidding!)
Here is Travis with his buddy and neighbor Ty. Ty's dad was the coach. He helped improve Travis's skills tremendously.
Travis and his baseball trophy. All of the kids also got a game ball. Travis had gotten a gameball for hitting on Monday. That means he got three this season. He is very pleased with that fact!
This is Trav with his friend Philip from school.
Travis and his fans....
Travis poses with Coach Sean after he got his trophy.
Travis and his cousin Ethan. Travis loved that his cousins were there to see him. Ethan and Travis were twins... They both had navy blue shirts on with the number 10 on the back.
This is the baseball card of Travis that we ordered. They finally came in for the last game. Those eyes and eyelashes are killers... And as usual, they are on a boy who could care less about them!!! Not fair!

While everyone watched the game, everyone all took turns amusing Chelsea. Nick took her to the play ground for a long time (Bless his heart). Then she played with the grandmothers a little. She chatted with Katie and Auntie Michelle. Then she hung out with Bumpa on the top riser of the bleachers (what kid doesn't love it up there?).

After the game we went to a birthday party for the little girl and boy who go to daycare with Chelsea. Here is Auntie sitting with her little girls on the swing.
Another busy day today. Another birthday party. But I forgot my camera. Then I thought I would treat the kids to dinner (actually it was a plan so I would not have to cook) at a local restaurant. It was NASTY! I hate when that happens. One more week of school left! Happy summer everyone!

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Woo hoo!! Look at that addition coming along!! Mud room? Oh you lucky girl!!


How sweet to see Leslie and kids! I bet it felt wonderful.

I hope the last days at school go quickly. And no playing with duct tape!!

hugs, Linda

Leslie said...

Amy,
I don't know if I could handle what you're going through! LOL Are you still able to cook in your kitchen without the roof? It will all be so nice when it's done but just the idea of it would be enough for me to hyperventilate. I guess I worry too much...lol

Looks like you've had a great week or so! Lots of fun times :)

Have a great day!

Leslie