Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

I am lucky to have a wonderful husband. Not only is he an amazing husband, he is the best father I know. I hope he knows how fortunate Travis, Chelsea, and I feel that he is ours! Here are some pictures that show how special he is....

This is my husband John and his brother Jeff when they were kids. This is one of my all time favorite pictures! My husband is the older, darker one.

This is us on our wedding day in 2001. (Just as an aside...WE WERE SO MUCH THINNER THAN WE ARE NOW!) We were so happy when this day finally arrived. It was the hottest day of summer that year. We had a blast!

This is John during his first few days as "DAD". It is hard for us to look at our big almost-first grader and remember Travis was ever this small. John was kind-of uncomfortable around babies when we first started dating. All feelings of uncertainty left the minute he saw our boy.

This is Travis's first smile. He did this while I was out with friends. He was putting on quite a display for Daddy. Travis still makes this face when John is with him.

Here is John and Jeff again. Jeff is holding Travis and his youngest child Ethan.

John walks the beach with Travis.

After being in school for...well, forever, John gets pinned as a nurse. My aunt Andrea (also an RN) pinned him. He worked so hard to provide a better life for his family.

Daddy and his little girl. Chelsea is John's little girl all over. She lights up like Christmas when he comes into the room.

Another picture of John and Chelsea.

This is John spending quality time reading to the kids.
Happy Father's Day, John! We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fine! Make me cry! You are one lucky family! I'm happy to be a part of it. xoxo "Auntie" Susan