Thursday, May 21, 2009

WE HAVE LOST CONTROL

I don't know what I was thinking would happen when we chose to put an addition on our house. But this is what I came home to this week. EEEEEK!

It is official: We have lost control of our lives. I look out my kitchen and see DIRT piled 8 feet high. Here is a play by play!
This is our deck the day before it was demolished. I made Travis and Chelsea pose one last time to remember what it looked like before everything started.
Here is a close up of my cuties.
The contractor showed up at 8:00 on Tuesday morning. By 8:45 this is what was left! Chelsea posed where the deck once stood.
I came home today to find that the excavators had been there. This was the scene in the back yard!

Travis and Chelsea stand as king and queen of the mountain (of dirt).
Here is the mound from another angle.
I think Travis thought that our backyard just became a whole lot cooler! He asked to ride his bike down the hill. He also wanted to know if it would be there next winter so he could go sledding...Dear God I hope NOT!
Travis decided to have a go at climbing the tree in the side yard.
Chelsea stuck to a tree her own size...the rhododendron bush.
Lots of cars slowed down when they went by our house. There goes the neighborhood! There goes my sanity! It is in the huge gaping hole under the kitchen. This is going to be interesting. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How very exciting! Can't wait to see the progress!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh boy - I am feeling for you - but I suspect I will be envious when it is all done so hang in there! (easy for me to say huh?!!)

Keep taking those pictures and showing the progress!

hugs, Linda