Saturday, May 2, 2009

Play Ball!!!!

Well it was a day of running around! Actually I feel like I haven't stopped since yesterday. A couple of things happened yesterday! The first one was that I got my first party order from AtHome America. It was these four huge boxes. It was like Christmas! So part of today was spent cleaning up and looking for places to put things (Can NOT wait for the addition to be finished! They just got the construction cleared through the Historical Society on Thursday so it is a go!!!) Right now I can only kind of guess where things should go because it will all need to be packed away when the work starts!

Then last night I was in a talent show for school. I absolutely have NO talent as an actress or a singer, but it was for a good cause (to preserve the art programs at the school where I teach) so I sucked it up and participated. The kids were very excited to see their teachers singing and dancing (minimal dancing!). We also put on a little skit, a parody of a news broadcast. I was Cat Walker, Fashion Consultant. I thought I was going to throw up just thinking about it. But it is done now and I am glad I did it.

Then it was up early on this Saturday to hit a huge yard sale with a friend. The yard sale is to benefit the Animal Rescue League. Tons of people donated stuff. There was a lot to choose from if you had the patience. I got a few little things that I painted when I got home. But we only had a little while to poke around because Travis and my friend's son were in a soccer game at 9:00. It was his first chance to play this spring. He hasn't even been to practice yet. And didn't he go out and score 3 GOALS today! He was so excited! He is so much less timid than he used to be.

Our boy in action!!!
This is Travis scoring the final goal! I know the lady in red is blocking the full view of the goal but if you look at the edge of the picture, you can see the ball in there, safe and sound!

No time to bask in the glory of the soccer game. Once it was over it was off to Trav's baseball game at 10:30. I will be very reluctant to sign my kids up to participate in two sports in one season again. It is just too much. He is getting better all the time at baseball so hopefully he will play soccer in the fall and baseball in the spring. He actually made contact with the ball on the first pitch today and threw someone out at home (kind of). Not bad for his first season on a baseball team.
This is Travis and his bud Tyler hanging out in the field!!
And what does Chelsea do during these games and practices? She does what any princess would do... she plays in the dirt at the side lines!

We came home and Chelsea napped and then we were invited to our friends' house for dinner. John had to work so the kids and I went. We all had fun. It makes me sad that life gets so hectic that I don't see them as often as I would like. I guess that is just the nature of having kids. We came home at bedtime and watched a DVD (Meet the Robinsons: I wasn't a fan of this movie when I first watched it. But each time I see it I like it more and more.

Well Chelsea is having a hard time getting to sleep and we have a play date at the railtrail with friends. The boys can ride their bikes and the girls can run around. Sunday morning is going to come pretty fast. Bedtime for us!
Goodnight, all!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha, ha...that's what Aften did during Shane's t-ball games :D One time she followed and poked at ants climbing up the side of the dug out! Such a girly girl she is...well, she can be :)

Cute pics of your kids!

I totally have to admit that I don't visit your blog normally but I decided I should since we chat back and forth. I remember being here a long time ago now. I'm putting you on my blog roll so I can stay caught up. If I don't do that, I just don't visit a blog. There are so many out there!

Have a great rest of your weekend :)

Leslie

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

LOL I would have loved to have seen those teachers and aides at that talent show - what a hoot that must have been!

YIPPEE on the addition getting the OK! I know it will be a long process but one with great rewards!! I hope it all moves along smoothly!

hugs, Linda