Friday, March 27, 2009

Ups and Downs

It was a big day for our boy! He had his awards ceremony for the Books and Beyond program at his school. He got a medal for taking part in it. Basically we needed to keep track of how many pages he read or had read to him over the course of four months. I knew it was going to be a quick and easy assembly so I decided to save my personal time at work for the end of the year show that he will be in. My husband was going with Chelsea so I figured he could fill me in.

Not only did he get his medal for taking part, he also won a trophy for reading the most pages in his class. I can't believe I missed it! He said he knew he was getting it but we had no idea! Hooray for him.



He was also having a friend come over to play after school. It was shaping up to be a very good day for Travis! Until there were only 10 minutes left in the play date and my son decided to lift a rock up over his head. The rock slipped and came down on his head and left a gash. Then it was off to the hospital to get it checked out. I am hoping they use dermabond and don't make him get stitches. Life with kids changes very quickly! This was a little too quick for my liking!

He ended up with two staples in his scalp! Gross! At least his lungs are getting exercise. For a little boy with asthma he sure can scream!

4 comments:

Leslie and family said...

Congratulations Travis! Well done. Holy Cow staples-Just when you thought your life was interesting..leave it to the boys!

Unknown said...

Oh, the poor little guy! Parenthood--it's a roller coaster ride!!

Anonymous said...

Wow-Impressive!
You must be so proud of him with all that reading. Must be nice to have JC when you need him-staples=nuts!
Congratulations on the award Travis!
Big T

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Congratulations to Travis on his reading accomplishments - way to go!

So sorry to hear about his stitches. Right after HS graduation but before he senior recital, Jen went through the windshield of her friends car when the friend dropped a CD on the floor, looked down, hit a bum and then drove into a tree = she was only going about 20 miles an hour thank goodness. But Jen needed about 10 staples in her gash. Talk about screaming. I don't think the plasitc surgeon ever regained his hearing.

I hope Travis heals very quickly!

Have a great week!

hugs, Linda