Saturday, August 15, 2009

We're Going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo! How about You You You?

The title of this entry: I have had that silly kid's song by Raffi in my head since we decided to go to a zoo this summer. Now maybe it will leave me alone.

Before we do any Zoo talk, I want to show a picture that I snapped of our little monkey dressed in her "rina" costume. We decided to sign her up for dance this fall. Then I happened to be at "the tree" and found leotards for her. She loves them. She puts on her mary-jane shoes and shuffles and twirls around the house!


We headed to Lupa Zoo in the late morning. It was a nice setting with interesting animals. I am not sure how well this zoo is maintained. It was pretty smelly and there were flies all around the animals! It was also a hot day and I think that contributed to some of the icky stink.

I also think that some of the animals were very old. It was kind of sad to see them in confined spaces like that. But then again, would they still be alive in their natural habitat? I am not sure if I would hurry back here. I don't remember feeling like this at the other zoos I have been to. Maybe I did and I just don't remember.

The kids liked it a lot. They thought it was cool to see all the animals and play around on the playground. It was relatively inexpensive (especially since we had a coupon). So I guess I would classify the trip as worthwhile. Here are some highlights:












We got home around 3 and decided to rest up so we could go to the baseball game later that evening. It was a nice afternoon!

2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh that song brings back memories! I was at Barnes and Noble today and spent a fortune on books and animals to go with them and finger puppets. Think Lili will enjoy them yet? LOL

That's too bad the zoo was so stinky. Makes it harder to enjoy. But the kids look like they found some fun!

Your little rina is the cutest! I saw a bunch of rina stuff at Target the other day. Such cute stuff!!

Stay cool!

hugs, Linda

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Amy,

This is nasty!! Fortunately Jay has central a/c and my house has several window units that keep the whole house cool as does Angela's mom so she is all set. They even put a remote starter in the cars so they can get them cooled off before they go out.

I am hibernatiing too! Thanks for thinking about her!

hugs, Linda