Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Break!!!! Wahooo!

The kids and I have been on vacation this week. Overall it has been great. A lot of hanging out with friends and getting organized here at home. Not as much as I had planned... you know me... if there is any offer put on the table when it is time to do housework, I'm game. A few little projects were completed though! Of course I came home from school on Friday and, true to form, Chelsea had green gunk running from her nose and a mild temp. She woke up Saturday wheezing and coughing. After a trip to the doctor she was put on Albuterol and a steroid. We gave her the medicine and she went nuts!!! She was running around like crazy and talking really fast! It was entertaining because she was happy (even if she was as high as a kite) but I am glad we only had to keep her on it for a few days. When her engine died, she really crashed. She would have been a blur of motion if I had taken her picture when she was running around, but I did manage to get a good one of her during her nap. Here she is: our sleeping beauty. I could watch her like this all day!
Travis started baseball this week. He needs to become a little more familiar with the game. He gave it a good try. Here are a few "in action" shots. It should be interesting trying to juggle baseball and soccer this spring. I think it is going to be quite a busy few months. This is the last time he will be doubling up on sports. We did it this time kind of by accident. I didn't really think about the scheduling difficulties because I signed Travis up for soccer last fall. Then I went and signed him up for baseball late this winter. My bad!

I did manage to rearrange a few things in the living room this vacation. I switched my little shelf for one in my kids' room and reworked the bench a little. I am satisfied for now.

I also had my first two At Home America shows this week. They were fun. I am not sure it is something I will continue long-term, but for now I will do it. I am excited because I am able to get some very pretty things for my house at a great discount. And my friends who have hosted parties will also! I didn't know what to expect because I have never held a job like this one. I thought it would be more nerve-racking speaking in front of adults. I spend all day in front of a large group of kids but I tend to be very anxious when I need to address grown-ups. Once I got used to it, I calmed down.

Travis has his Little League parade this weekend. He is only a little excited about it. I think he will love it once he is there. I wish I could say the same about the actual game of baseball. I am just not sure he enjoys sports. I just want him to try them until he finds one that fits him. At his last practice he said, "It's kind of chilly. I think I will wait in the car!" What a trooper! Time will tell!

1 comment:

jeff said...

Whenever my nephew needs some instruction on the importance of sports, just send him to his Uncle Jeff. I'll straighten him out.
I'll teach him everything about baseball I know.
Uhhm, was baseball the one with the goals? I guess I should get that part straight before I help him...