Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

The Easter Bunny visited our family on this happy Easter morning! And he must have really known what would make my kids smile. They were very pleased with their baskets and their goodies. Here they are showing off their treasures!
Then I dressed them in their finest. Daddy had to go to work, which made us sad. Travis got to wear his new blue sneakers (FINALLY) and Chelsea had her dress with a matching one for her doll.
We headed to Grandma BJ's to celebrate Easter and Grandpa Ernie's 80th birthday. There was a bigger crowd than usual. We had fun. Travis got to spend time with his cousins, which is one of his favorite things in the world. Here he is getting a tutorial on Star Wars from Ethan!

Chelsea got reacquainted with her cousin Elise. And we met her baby sister Chloe! The little girls had a blast. I have no doubt that, once Chloe is old enough to join in, the three girls will be quite the crazy team!!! Once Elise and Chelsea finished looking each other up and down and playing shy, they were inseparable.

We visited with my side of the family at Auntie's house. The kids were tired and hungry and started to melt down so we didn't stay long. Just long enough to inhale some strawberry cheesecake truffle my aunt made. YUMMMMMMM!


Once we headed home we took it easy. The kids played with Lego's and I made dinner. Talking to their Mimi must have put them both in the mood for ravioli, because they both wanted it when we got home (a rare treat for me that they agreed on a meal! even though I don't make it like Mimi! Apparently she has a secret recipe (Francesco Renauldi, I think). They ate and ate and ate.

Travis has been really into drawing lately. He drew this picture of our family. Notice Chelsea down on the ground crawling. I think life was easier for Trav when Chelsea was small like that. This is a picture of us at the fireworks on the Fourth of July.
My friends Susan and Lisa get a kick out of buying Chelsea girly-girl stuff. Here is her flower headband. She loved it. She actually got a big kick out of when I put it on, too. She kepts saying "You're a silly mama!" Happy Easter to one and all!

1 comment:

The Flanagans said...

Awww....they are so damn cute! I had to work too....so I missed the festivities, I only have a few pics of the basket excitement. I'll have to send them to you. I'm glad you had a good one!