Sunday, April 26, 2009

Opening Day!

It was Opening Day for Little League yesterday! This is Travis's first year playing. I think he likes it. He gets bored waiting for all of the kids to bat each inning (it is kind of like watching paint dry, actually!) but he seems somewhat happy about being there.

He is on the blue team, which makes him very happy! Our neighbor is the coach. He posed for a picture in his uniform for me. He looked so old. It reminded me of watching my brothers suit up for their games when we were kids!

Chelsea decided that the perfect accessory for the baseball parade was her baseball glove. It has princesses all over it and she wore it for a long time when we were waiting for Travis to walk by. Just like big brother!
Chelsea and I waited at the field for Travis to walk by in the parade. He chose his Dad to walk with him. Chelsea would have liked to walk with him, also. I had visions of having to carry her the whole way. Plus it was Travis's special day. No need to have little sister tagging along!
Travis managed a wave for his cheering section! The kids were so cute in their little uniforms!
Chelsea hung out and chatted with everyone around her as we listened to the speeches. She still has her glove.
Rich Gedman (a former Red Sox player) threw out the first pitch. He gave a little speech. I think the dad's appreciated it much more than the players. Now Rich Gedman has some high position with our local independent baseball team, the Worcester Tornadoes (or, as Travis calls them, the Worcester Tomatoes).
During warm-ups Travis decided to take a little rest. He hung out on the grass, played with his hat, and looked utterly annoyed when he had to run for the ball.

Chelsea made friends at the field and was thrilled to entertain Mimi and Daddy. She was so enthralled with her own shadow and the fact that when she turned around it was in back of her.

Here is Travis at bat. He hit a few line drives down the first base line (and ended up getting out in the second inning because of it). I was just thrilled that he made contact with the ball.
Now my big challenge is juggling baseball with spring soccer! Who had the brilliant idea of signing her kid up for two sports in one season???!!! Should be interesting!

1 comment:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It is kind of waiting for paint to dry isn't it? Both our kids played t-ball and then moved on to soccer and while I love pro baseball, I was secretly thrilled they chose soccer instead. I was even happier when Jen moved to an inside sport - dance - no BUGS! LOL I loved those years - despite all the running around. Those were some fun times! Enjoy!!

hugs, Linda