Saturday, November 8, 2008

Back in Time Dance Party

It took a sad thing to bring the four of us together after so many years of not seeing each other. But the point is we did it. Our friend is moving to the Middle East with her family so it was time to send her off in style. Usually when we are together it is only two of us, three tops. But for the first time since I can remember we were all in the same place at the same time. Very rare indeed! There were tears and tons of laughing and, of course, dancing. Turns out we have all been having family dance parties with our children at home.

Here we are... the four of us. Class of 1990. Each with our youngest child (all girls around the same age).

Mother and daughter decide to "Raise the Roof".

My daughter has decided to cling to my friend who is moving away. This is kind of rare for Chelsea. She is usually only clingy with John and me. I think my travelling friend's heart was breaking. She asked, "How do you resist those big eyes???" I told her the truth... As her mother, you get over it QUICK!"

Our friend gets a glimpse (and a backache) of what it would be like to have twins. Both girls insisted on being held and danced with by her. Each time she put one down there was a tantrum.

Three of our husbands joined the party. The testosterone was flowing until they heard my husband's playlist on his Ipod. Then they weren't so sure about him. The women and children liked it, though. It definitely got our toes tapping!

Chelsea takes my friend for a spin on the dance floor. My poor friend is used to carrying her own daughter who is much more petite than Chelsea.

Here is our travelling friend with the original dancing queen from high school. She didn't miss a beat as I played DJ with my husband's 80's playlist.

The girls got down and boogied, complete with costumes. Here "Elmo" shakes her groove thing with Princess K.

All the kids got into the music. The big kids had lots of moves (is breakdancing making a comeback????) and enjoyed showing them off. Soon it was too hot for the boys to stay completely dressed. If only they had gold chains and chest hair. Maybe someday!

There was some fighting over the carriages. Two carriages and three little girls who wanted to play with them = big trouble. Overall the kids got along great.

Here are three of us dancing with our favorite dance partners... our daughters. Actually I am dancing with my friend's daughter and Chelsea is dancing with my friend. They loved it.

Here is Chelse's favorite dance move... The Dip! She insists on doing it over and over. My back aches but it is worth it to see the look on her face. Party on, Girl!

No comments: