Sunday, February 15, 2009

Celebrating 100s Day Travis-Style!

Here we go again...another adventure on the other side of the desk! I just finished looking at my students' projects for the 100th Day of School when my son came home with his assignment. After I groaned and moaned about it to my colleagues we swung into action! There was only one project that would truly show off who Travis really is... 100 Trains.

I thought it would be easy to find 100 train stickers. I guess the train-craze is over (although not in my house) because after several shopping trips, we barely had enough. I could have sworn we had some in the basement, but I think I remember throwing them away after we flooded! Oh well! Travis was thrilled with the result. He was especially impressed with with his idea to put an exclamation point after the 100 on the last train.

And while Travis and mom worked on the project, Chelsea played princess with her castle from Tita, Uncle Scott, and Caroline. She kept me posted on the goings-on about the castle... Diego came to visit and then the princess got hurt. Then she got sick. Tough day for the royals!

2 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I just wanted to take the time to thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a nice comment! I never thought of reusing the jars...thanks for the tip. Have a great weekend and please, come back again.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Travis - I think you did a terrific job on your 100th Day train project! Choooo! Chooo!!!!
Grandma BJ