Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life!

Christmas Day has come and gone
And still the parties linger on...

We are now on Day 5 of holiday parties. I think this is the last day. We have a short break before New Years. It is going to be quiet as usual. Just hanging around at home.

The kids pose on Chelsea's trampoline in their Christmas finery. This was a rare quiet moment in the last few days. I love how Chelsea is putting her arm around Travis's head.

I made this icy display for my mom. I froze cranberries and greens in a bundt pan and put a candle in the middle. I got the idea from a magazine. I am not sure I like how it turned out. The cranberries were not cooperative and kept floating up. So I had to place them upside-down so they could be seen.
Chelsea got a Belle doll from Santa. She loves babies. She was so happy that she had one with hair to brush. The only problem is that it comes with a dolly pocketbook and everytime the pocket book fell off of Belle's arm, Chelsea threw a fit!
Chelsea's expression when she opens a gift:
Travis takes a look at all of the packages from Santa and makes his excited face. This is a face I never tire of seeing. I dread the day this stops and I am certainly glad to have captured this moment.
Here is Mimi (my mother) with her three grandchildren. Next year it will be four! Oh...not me! My brother and his wife are expecting again! Everytime Chelsea heard me call my mother "mom" she would get angry and say "No! Mimi!"
Santa also brought Chelsea a one-person trampoline. The kids love it and are pretty good about taking turns.
Chelsea stands with Bumpa at the railing of his loft. He took the kids and I to Disney on Ice the day after Christmas. Chelsea was enthralled. Travis loved it, especially when the Incredibles were on the ice. We had great seats and it was a successful trip.
The look on Chelsea's face is proof that one of her favorite people in the world is her Tita (my sister-in-law).
Here is Sweet Caroline with Tita. Caroline is a big hit with my kids. Each time Travis went near her, Chelsea would block her and say, "No! Mine!" At one point all three kids were in the tub together. They would swim and play. The water, as you can imagine, looked pretty murky when they were done.
Here is another picture of Caroline. Mimi gave her a Wally the Green Monster doll that sings "Sweet Caroline" for Christmas. She made us listen to it a few (hundred) times.
Travis shows off his mile-long lashes and his cute little pout.
Here is Chelsea with Mommy and Mimi... three generations. Travis took the picture. Not bad. No thumb in it and he didn't cut off our heads. Those are my biggest issues when I take pictures.
Grandma BJ gave the kids each their own tents. As you can see she hit the nail on the head with what each loves most.
Travis was finally able to give Mimi her gift. He found it out shopping with me and immediately thought of Mimi. It is a miniature park bench. It looks somewhat like the one she sits on to watch him ride his bike in her driveway. Travis also told me that it is a great place to relax and eat popcorn. I think Mimi loved this gift. She burst into tears when she opened it.
Here is Chelsea and Gwyn playing with the Littlest Pet Shop Toy Gwyn got for Christmas. Chelsea is always happy when the bigger kids let her play.
Grandpa Ernie and Grandma Peg sit back and take in all the excitement of Christmas Day. It was packed at their house. Everyone had a terrific time.
Nobody can make Chelsea laugh like her daddy!
Travis graduated from Lego Duplo blocks to the little kits with a zillion pieces. Santa brought him a Lego Train Set. I don't know who is happier about these Lego's... Travis or Daddy. They finally got a chance to put it together on December 27th.
In the meantime there were plenty of things for Travis to do. He also got a Thomas the Tank Engine playset from the movie "The Great Discovery". He spent a lot of time playing and making the trains go all over the place.
Chelsea and Travis enjoy some time in front of the fire before the action starts on Chrismas Eve. This is another change this year. For as long as I can remember we have had the Christmas Eve gathering at Gee's house. Now that she is in a much smaller appartment, we went to Mimi's house. The same cast of characters were there and it was a blast.
No matter how many toys he gets and how many cousins there are to play with, to Travis Christmas will always be about the the Christmas Train around the tree.
We saw family and friends and ate great food. The kids played with their cousins and went on little trips. We are one family who considers itself to be truly lucky. Thank you to all of the party hosts: Mimi, Grandma BJ and family, the Horrigans, Bumpa and Nancy, the Callahans, and Diane. I can't believe we have to wait 11 months to do it all again. I guess it is the anticipation of those 11 months that make this time of year so magical. So...

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!

And God Bless Us, Everyone!

No comments: