Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let The Fun Begin!

Well Travis and family all survived the first day of kindergarten. It started with tears. As of 9:00 last night my son was going to be a drop-out before school even started (looks great for a teacher's kid to put up a fit about going to school)! But he pulled himself together and did well. Here are the highlights...

My son is ready to go on his first day of kindergarten. I don't feel that it is a coincidence that it also happened to fall on the day when my grandmother would have turned 90 years old. Maybe she was watching over him...

Not wanting to miss an opportunity to be in the spotlight, my daughter joined my son in showing off their new backpacks.

Travis tried to bend down to take a picture with Chelsea. But Chelsea wanted to do just what her big brother did.

It was a big relief when we found out that our former neighbor was going to be in the same class.

We walked in with Travis and chatted a little with the teacher. She is very nice and it turns out that she and I have a mutual friend.

The report from Travis when he got home was that the day went well. He had two recesses, a popsicle, a snack and lunch. He had to rest for a little while, but didn't seem to mind. When I pushed to hard for information he said, Mom, it is just my first day!" I took the hint. He did have to sit at the "food allergy table" at lunch. Better to be safe than sorry, but a little geeky, too. Oh well. If he doesn't complain, neither will I. Let's hope the rest of the year follows suit!

No comments: