Sunday, August 3, 2008

My High Spirited Daughter

My daughter never ceases to amaze me. She is not quite two years old and the stuff she comes up with! Just watching her walk across the room is entertaining! She shakes her little bum as she saunters across the room. It looks exagerated, as if she is doing it on purpose. But she has no idea. She just finds it more fun to walk this way. She is moody and impatient (like her mother), yet kind of laid back and fearless, too (like her dad). While my son was cautious and studied everything first, she flings herself into everything head first. While he is rather naive about people, she has figured out how to push buttons and get the maximum reaction out of all of us. She keeps us guessing and is always ready to entertain... unless that is what is expected of her. Then forget about it! She performs only for herself. I often compare her to a cat... everything is on her time-table.
We woke up this morning and our girl was in rare form! We told her to sit on the couch and she stood. We told her to stay downstairs and she ran up. We told her to be quiet and she screamed. Finally my husband came upstairs and told me that she had decorated herself with "Dora" stickers and pink marker. And all before 10 a.m.











Here are some other shots of her mugging for the camera. She loves to try hats on and play dress up (and eat chapstick, but that is another story). I will tell you this... I am half dreading and half looking forward to her teen years. I wait with anticipation to see what she makes of herself at each stage of her life. She seems to grasp that the world is HER stage. It should be a wild ride. Hang on to your hats... As my son would say..."She is on the loose!" My parents and all who knew me in those awful adolescent years think I am getting what I deserve. Bring it on! I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: